Tuluntulu crowned Africa’s most innovative app
Tuluntulu was among ten finalists from around continent that were awarded for excellence in mobile and tech entrepreneurship innovations.
The top ten were chosen from 21 countries and hundreds of entries from diverse sectors such as entertainment, agriculture, health, education, transport and market research.
Overall, South African finalists received the most nominations and walked away with four out of the ten awards.
These are all the winners in each category:
- Best African App – Tuluntulu (South Africa)
- Disruptive Innovation – Opera’s Sponsored Web Pass (Nigeria)
- Best Mobile Innovation – bookly (South Africa)
- Non Data Mobile Innovation – GeoPoll (Kenya/USA)
- Fintech Innovation – VCpay (South Africa)
- Health Innovation– GiftedMom (Cameroon)
- Educational Innovation – mPaper (Tanzania)
- Social Impact Award – codeX (South Africa)
- Best Entertainment – Gamsole (Nigeria)
- Women In Tech – Emefa Kpegba OMobileFunding (Togo)
“At Appsafrica.com, our mission is always to promote and honour the fantastic innovation across the mobile and tech ecosystem in Africa,” awards organisers said in a statement. “We had diverse entries from 21 countries and both the finalists and winners are a testament to how technology is being used to disrupt business models, empower people and drive positive social impact across the continent.”[Source and images – AppsAfrica Innovation Awards]