[Press Release] UberGIVING: We’re giving back together
This Tuesday, Uber will be using their technology to help South Africans give back to those in need, through UberGIVING which will help them donate those much needed items to those who are less fortunate.
Please see below blog for more information, as well as a LinkedIn article from Pierre-Dimitri Gore-Coty, Head of EMEA at Uber. He is proud to announce UberGIVING across 65 cities and 31 countries from Europe, Middle East and Africa. The campaign will focus on providing people with the opportunity to give back to their cities by offering locally tailored donation and volunteering opportunities at a time where many would like to do good, yet may not know where to start.
See his thoughts here: CREATING ACCESSIBILITY WHERE IT MATTERS.
We’re giving back together
It’s that time of year when we feel like giving, but don’t always know how.
This Tuesday, we’re using our technology to help South Africans give back to those in need. Simply tap a button, and watch as an UberGIVING driver-partner arrives at your doorstep to pick up your donations. Donating those much needed items has never been this quick and convenient!
What we’re collecting:
- Children’s and adult clothing
- General toiletries
- Baby formula, nappies, baby food
- Children’s toys
- Non-perishable food items
How can you make a difference?
It’s easy, here’s how you can take part in UberGIVING.
- Open the Uber app between 10AM – 3PM on Tuesday, 6 December
- Swipe right and select UberGIVING
- Request a ride as usual
- A driver will arrive at your pick-up location to collect your donations
Important to note:
- UberGIVING will run between 10am – 3pm on Tuesday, 6 December 2016. Requests must be placed within those hours.
- UberGIVING will be available in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth.
- There will be no charge to your account for requesting the UberGIVING service.
- All donations must be bagged or boxed in order for drivers to accept your donation. If possible, please mark clearly what you are donating,
- Please keep in mind that driver-partners can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your items out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- #UberGIVING will be in high demand so please be patient!