No need to be stuck in a cave: 3D print a light up Iron Man arc reactor
If you’re ever wanted a convincing arc reactor from Iron Man without the hassle of being kidnapped by terrorists, we have the 3D print for you.
Created by MyMiniFactory user Marco Occhionero, this solid 3D print pulls off the lighting effect thanks to certain parts being printed in a transparent plastic. The files for the print come with holes deigned for 5mm LEDs that provide the glow.
This version of the arc reactor is the one seen in the first Iron Man movie and its used to power the Mark I armour.This isn’t the first time we’ve seen an arc reactor 3D print, even of this design, but it’s definitely one of the most detailed.
Once you’ve chosen a suitable arc reactor, don’t forget that you can 3D print an entire suit too.
Previous 3D Prints of the Day:
- These 3D prints from Adventure Time did require some maths
- The transformable mech from Macross & Robotech is now a 3D print
- A collection of 3D prints from Clash of Clans
- Shoot pilots with this 3D print of the Wingman from Titanfall 2
- Baby Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as a 3D printed plant pot