We’ve already posted a few times about private limo service, Uber, and how it’s busy rolling out its service across Johannesburg and Pretoria, but now the time has come for you, our dear readers, to test it out.
Thanks to Uber, htxt.africa has a promo code to offer our readers. Using this, 1 000 of our readers will be able to test out the service and see what all the fuss is about. The promo code is valid for two trips of R200 each.
How it works
- Download the Uber app for your iPhone or Android device. It’s free.
- Sign up using the app. You’ll be prompted to enter your credit card details, but this is safe and secure.
- Once you’re in the app, tap on the profile icon in the top left corner.
- Select the Promotions menu item.
- Enter the promo code: htxt
Your account will now be credited for the two trips. Play around with the app; maybe plan a night out. You can use Uber if you have a few drinks too many, and have a stylish German sedan pick you up right where you are. Or arrange a date to impress somebody, then have your personal driver show up at the touch of a button.
Here are a few things to bear in mind, for those trying this out.
- Uber is currently in beta, with a limited number of cars in the Johannesburg and Pretoria area.
- Before using the promo code, use the app to check whether there are any Uber cars near you – don’t use the code if there are none in your area.
- If you happen to take a ride that is worth more than R200, you’re only liable for the price difference.
- The code is only valid for the first 1 000 people who use it when signing up.
If you have any questions or comments about Uber, let us know. Your feedback matters, as Uber South Africa will be listening, too.