With yesterday’s news that those who want to get their hands on Apple’s new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will have to wait until 24th October, mobile operator Vodacom has revealed when its subscribers can start pre-ordering their units.
“Just a heads up – Customers can pre-order iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus beginning on Friday, 17 October from 01h00 via www.vodacom.co.za,” Vodacom said in an email sent to subscribers.
The iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus variant will be available on our shores in the next couple of weeks, as part of the second roll-out wave across the globe. Apple confirmed yesterday that SA will be part of 35 other countries that will receive the phone by the end of the month
The full list is as follows:
- Friday, October 17: China, India and Monaco
- Thursday, October 23: Israel
- Friday, October 24: Czech Republic, French West Indies, Greenland, Malta, Poland, Reunion Island and South Africa
- Thursday, October 30: Bahrain and Kuwait
- Friday, October 31: Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Guam, Hungary, Iceland, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, South Korea, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine and Thailand
Apple’s South African distributor, Core, has already confirmed that it will be offering up to R5 000 back on old iPhones if you upgrade through an iStore.