“I resign as President of South Africa” tops the list of things South Africans would like President Jacob Zuma to say in his State of the Nation (SONA) 2015 address in parliament on 12th February.
On the 1st of February, The Office of the Presidency asked citizens on Facebook and Twitter to comment and tweet suggestions of what they would like the president to say or highlight.
— PresidencyZA (@PresidencyZA) February 1, 2015
Over 1 000 replies have poured in since the call was made and judging by the responses, the top statements or issues people want addressed are:
1. President Jacob Zuma announcing his formal resignation.
2. President Zuma admitting he was wrong to use public funds to upgrade his Nkandla residence and stating that he will pay back the money.
3. The high unemployment and crime rate.
4. Corruption in government.
5. Education and service delivery.
A look at the Economic Freedom Fighters’ (EFF) website landing page suggests the party is very eager to go to parliament, with only one issue topping the agenda for them.