Microsoft will bestow a bounty of games on Gold members this Easter, so if you’ve not yet signed up, now’s a good time.
Team Green has announced via Xbox Wire that April’s Games with Gold promotion will give qualifying gamers not just two games, but SIX, some becoming available in their own window so they’re not lost in the shuffle.
Unfortunately for Xbox One gamers hoping their platform will get the best games of the bunch, that simply isn’t true. Only two games are coming for the Xbone, which are:
- Child of Light, a challenging and beautiful platformer with RPG elements
- Pool Nation FX, a pool simulator with great graphics and a realistic physics engine
The other four are actually surprisingly enticing, and offer quite a few hours of entertainment for the R50-odd your Xbox Live Gold membership will cost you for April:
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – Ubisoft’s brilliant pirate-themed romp through the Caribbean, complete with ship-to-ship battles and minimal assassinning.
- Gears of War: Judgement – The most recent instalment of the iconic Gears series. It’s not the best of the bunch but still good for the price.
- Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel – This one’s a bit on the crap side, but you’ll still get a few hours of cheesy, B-movie-esque third-person shooty action out of it.
- Terraria – Prepare to lose many hours as you explore, craft and dig your way through this charming, side-scrolling, Minecraft-inspired Indie game.
Sound good? Here’s when you can grab them:
- Pool Nation FX: Available all month
- Child of Light: Available all month
- Gears of War: Judgment: Available from April 1-15
- Terraria: Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag: Available from April 16-30
- Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel: Available from April 16-30
While none of these are the very latest games, I’m still quite pleased with Microsoft’s selection.[Source & Image – Xbox Wire]