The awesome Humble Bundle brings you weekly special bundles with games, books and mobile apps and lets you set the price you’re willing to pay. The current Book Bundle is raising money for Maker Ed and has some great books available from the guys that bring you Make Magazine.
Using the ‘pay what you want’ system you can get access to some of the following titles:
- LEO the Maker Prince: Journeys in 3D Printing (Currently $11.84 on Amazon)
- Make Magazine Volume 41: Tinkering Toys
- Making Makers: Kids, Tools and the Future of Innovation (Currently $13.67 on Amazon)
- Making Simple Robots: Exploring Cutting-Edge Robotics with Everyday Stuff
- Make: Technology on Your Time: Tinkering Toys
And if you pay more than the average (which is currently at $13.87 – around R166) you get the following titles as well: Make: Rockets: Down-To-Earth Rocket Science; Make: Electronics (Learning by Discovery); Make: Basic Arduino Projects.
And even more – there’s books on Raspberry Pi, Fashion, Schools and more.
I paid more than the average and got all the titles available as pdf/epub and mobi downloads. I also got the option to send it directly to my Kindle. That’s more than R2000 rands worth of books if you bought them separately.
If you’ve ever been remotely interested in low cost engineering and electronics for a hobby or business, this is must-buy.
//this article was updated to amend the headline. The bundle lasts for the next 12 days, not hours…