If you haven’t been able to justify the cost of owning a 3D printer up until now, Wanhao may have you covered.
Their new 3D printer, the Duplicator i3 Prusa 3D, comes fully assembled and can be yours for only R6 995. Although you will still need to do some tinkering in the initial set-up, everything you need to start printing is already in the box and you won’t have to search for any additional parts – as was the case with the previous version of this printer, which came as a kit you had to assemble .
At this price the i3 is extremely good value. Compared to the locally made Reprap Morgan Pro 2 at R21 995 or the less dear UP Mini at R9 995, the i3 is one of the more affordable entries into the third dimension of printing.
See below for more details, and if you decide to pull the trigger you can order one right now.
- Comes with 3000mm Black PLA Filament
- Extruder: MK10 Single-Extruder (with Steel X-Carriage)
- Filament Size: 1.75mm Dedicated
- Layer Capability: 0.1mm
- Build Envelope: 200mm X 200mm X 180mm
- Heated build plate
- LCD Display
- Filament Capabilities: ABS & PLA
- Compatible Software: ReplicatorG (Opensource), Simplify 3D
- File Type: Gcode
- Warranty: 1 Year Full Factory Warranty – return to store
- Frame: Black Steel
- Price: R6 995