It seems like only yesterday that current gen consoles were still “next gen”, but time flies faster than you think and Sony is already prepping an update to its market leading PlayStation 4.
The new console is physically identical to the old, except that the internal hard drive is upgraded to a whopping 1TB of storage, and it launches worldwide on July 15th. It’ll cost just under R6 000 when it lands here, but one lucky reader will be able to get one for free.
That’s because the lovely folk at Sony South Africa have given us here at htxt.africa one to give away. Now we know that this is a particularly special prize, because PlayStation is so well-loved by South Africans, so we’re going to ask you to do something special in order to try and win it.
We want you to make a video telling us exactly why you deserve to win this awesome console. The more demonstrative your plea, the better. Chances are higher that the winner will also make us laugh (but will still be suitable for family viewing).
- We don’t want long videos, what we want is Instagram selfie vids that are no more than 15 seconds in length. The rules are simple:
- No video with profanity, obscenity or racist content will be allowed.
- No video longer than 15 seconds will be allowed.
- Multiple entries are absolutely encouraged – if you see someone do better than your entry you can have another go.
- No videos which show physical violence, put the creator or participants at risk of injury or cause physical harm will be allowed.
To enter, create your video using the Instagram app and submit your video to us by using our Instagram handle – @htxt.africa – in the message you upload it with along with the hashtag #winaps41tb. Any videos which don’t have those two tags in the message won’t be considered.
If you really, really don’t want to use Instagram you can also mail us your clip to [email protected] with the subject line “I want to win a PS4 1TB”.
And that’s it. Go get creative, and good luck. The closing date is 15th September – what are you waiting for?
Terms and conditions
1) This competition is only open to persons who are resident in South Africa. We cannot ship the prize overseas. 2) No cash equivalents are available, and the prize is not transferable. 3) Employees, agents and their families of Hypertext Media, Sony, Ster Kinnekor and partners are not eligible to enter. 4) Multiple entries per household will be allowed. 5) The judge’s decision is final. 6) The closing date for the competition is the 15th September 2015, and the winner will be notified by email within two weeks. 7) If we are unable to contact the winner within seven days of decision, a new winner will be declared. 8) By entering, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. 9) Hypertext Media, Sony, Ster Kinnekor and the respective directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from an entrant’s participation in this competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising, from entry or use of the prize. 10) We will not share the data entered in the competition fields with third-parties.