Xiaomi’s low-cost handset, the Redmi2 Pro, is now on sale for under R2 000 and while it may be cheap, on paper it sounds like it packs packs quite a punch.
Inside you’ll find a quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor running at 1.2GHz which has been paired with 2GB of RAM which is actually quite decent compared to other entry-level handsets in the same price range.
At the rear of the Redmi2 Pro you’ll find a 8MP snapper with an f/2.2 aperture which reportedly improves the quality of photos taken in low-light conditions. Above the 4.6inch HD IPS display sits a rather tame 2MP selfie camera and storing all those images is 16GB of internal storage which you can add 32GB to with a microSD card.
Other useful features include dual-SIM capabilities with support for LTE and Xiaomi’s MIUI which is updated bi-weekly according to feedback from users.
Interested? Of course you are. The handset will be available from this weekend on select Vodacom packages at Dion Wired, Game, Incredible Connection and Makro.
- uChoose Flexi 55 at R109 per month (exclusive to Game)
- uChoose Flexi 55 at R129 per month (exclusive to Incredible Connection and Makro)
- uChoose Flexi 110 at R169 per month
- uChoose Flexi 150 at R189 per month
- uChoose Flexi 200 at R229 per month
MTN Stores are offering the following contract rates:
- My MTNChoice 100 at R229 per month;
- My MTNChoice Flexi 200 at R229 per month
- MTN AnyTime 200 TopUp at R239 per month
You can also purchase the Redmi2 Pro outright for R1 999 through the Mobile in Africa web site.