Standard Bank’s has alerted its customers that a routine system upgrade will mean all of its online services will suffer downtime for some hours this Sunday.
The system upgrade will be performed from 2am to 8pm on Sunday, disrupting the following services, as listed in a statement by the bank:
- ATM deposits will be unavailable.
- The Standard Bank app, internet and cellphone banking services will be unavailable.
- There will be limited assistance at Standard Bank branches and the AlwaysOn Banking channel via WeChat.
You will be able to make in-store payments and ATM withdrawals with your debit, cheque or credit card. SnapScan and MasterPass will also not be affected by the upgrade.
To avoid too much of an inconvenience, the bank recommends customers opt for the following:
- Make payments or do your banking transactions via the banking app, internet and cellphone banking before Sunday, 7th February.
- Transfer any required money to relevant accounts in advance.
- Top up airtime and electricity before the weekend to avoid any shortfall.
- Although you will still be able to use your debit or credit cards to make purchases, it is worthwhile to consider having cash on hand.
Standard Bank apologised for any inconvenience this may cause but added that system upgrades are necessary to ensure customers’ personal information is safe and secure.