If you decide to jump onto a public WiFi network in South Africa, there’s a good chance you’ll be connecting to an AlwaysOn network.
But to access AlwaysOn, you need to pay for connection time, which can be tricky – especially if you don’t want to enter your credit card details to access an public network.
Pick n Pay recently signed up to become a vendor of AlwaysOn pre-paid WiFi cards, so if you quickly need to buy access, you can do it through the store. In the past the AlwaysOn pre-paid WiFi data cards were only available on the AlwaysOn website.
In terms of pricing, R199 will get you 10GB of hotspot data, but the offering isn’t available at all Pick n Pay stores, as only 108 stores across the country will sell them.
The stores listed below not only sell AlwaysOn pre-paid WiFi cards, but it has an AlwaysOn hotspot in the store itself.
- Pick n Pay Benmore (Johannesburg)
- Pick n Pay Brackenfell (Cape Town)
- Pick n Pay Canal Walk (Cape Town)
- Pick n Pay Cavendish (Cape Town)
- Pick n Pay Constantia Village (Cape Town)
- Pick n Pay Greenstone Hyper (Johannesburg)
- Pick n Pay Hurlingham Nicol (Johannesburg)
- Pick n Pay Kenridge (Cape Town)
- Pick n Pay Ottery Hypermarket (Cape Town)
- Pick n Pay Randridge (Johannesburg)
- Pick n Pay Rosmead Express (Cape Town)
- Pick n Pay V&A Waterfront (Cape Town)
“Thanks to this new partnership, with up to 2500 AlwaysOn WiFi hotspots around the country, you’re now covered for a lot less,” AlwaysOn said in a statement. “All you need to do is make sure you’re in an AlwaysOn hotspot, sign up using your prepaid card details, and voila – you’re ready to go!”[Image – CC by 2.0/Simon A]