While hackathons are great for creating cool tech and solving problems, a charity hackathon has its own merits and you could be involved in the do_action hackathon very soon.
This hackathon utilises WordPress (you know, the website creation/hosting tool that this very site is on right now) as a way to create websites for charities so they can benefit from being online.
As described on the site:
do_action hackathons are community-organised events that are focussed on using WordPress to give deserving charitable organisations their own online presence. Each do_action event includes participants from the local WordPress community coming together to plan and build brand new websites for a number of local organisations in one day.
If you’d like to take part follow this link (or the one below) to view the ten charities looking for help. Once you’ve decided on one, select it and choose your role on the team. Your choices are: project manager, QA tester, developer, designer, developer, social media manager or content manager.
Once you know what you want to do, fill in your details and show up on the day. Happy hacking!
do_action charity hackathon details:
- Date: Monday | 16 July | 2016
- Time: TBD (Usually from the morning until 17:00)
- Place: The Bandwidth Barn (Block B, 3rd Floor, Woodstock Exchange, 66-68 Albert Road,Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925)
- Sign up as a participant on the do_action website
- View more information in the Participant’s Guide