AlwaysOn to provide free internet on June 20th for World WiFi Day
WiFi hotspot and internet provider AlwaysOn will be opening its taps on 20 June to celebrate World WiFi Day. It will be providing free internet access to anyone who is in an AlwaysOn Super WiFi Hotspot and registers on its network.
““South Africa’s prolific adoption of WiFi comes down to the huge growth in the use of WiFi-enabled devices and the search for credible, alternative mechanisms to connect to the Internet,” said Hayden Lamberti, MD for AlwaysOn in a media statement.
“Most people in South Africa do not have a broadband connection at home, but are well aware of the advantages and benefits of such a service. We want to grant them, and quite frankly anyone else who’s interested, the opportunity to experience seamless, free Internet for World WiFi Day.”
AlwaysOn’s network is seeing an average of 4 million connections per month, and people on the network has been using twice the amount of data it did last year.
Lamberti explained that most people make use of the 30 minutes to 1 hour of complimentary public WiFi data AlwaysOn provides, in which the company has seen an increase in job searching during that time.
“Imagine what those searching for jobs could do with a day of unlimited access to our network. We’re about to find out,” he said.
AlwaysOn detailed how you can get connected:
- Go to www.alwayson.co.za
- Use the HOTSPOT FINDER to find your nearest SUPERWIFI LOCATION.
- When you are in an AlwaysOn Super WiFi Hotspot, switch on your device’s WiFi.
- SEARCH for AlwaysOn amongst the available WiFi networks on the list.
- Click on AlwaysOn and your smart device will CONNECT.
- Open your browser and you will be directed to the AlwaysOn Dashboard or Client Portal when you search.
- Fill in your details to log in and register, and away you go!
Everyone likes to get something for free for free, and with high local internet data prices, scoring free bandwidth is something of a win.[Image – CC by 2.0/Simon A]