Hearthstone, Blizzard’s collector card game, received a 1.6GB update yesterday which adds a new hero portrait to the Shaman class, and a new feature.
Refer A Friend encourages Tavern regulars to
lure invite their friends to plough a bit of spare time into the game.
If the prospect of having your friends finally understand your love for Hearthstone is not enough, Blizzard is offering existing players rewards.
For instance, when your first “recruit” reaches level 20, you will unlock Morgl the Oracle, an alternate hero portrait for the Shaman Hero class.
Your recruits also earn a free Classic pack when they log into the game for the first time.
The temptations don’t stop there. Once your other recruits start reaching the level 20 milestone you start earning Classic packs as well. Players can earn a maximum of four free packs from their recruits.
A wild Golden C’Thun appears
The huge patch brings with it a number of improvements. The most notable is that if you have a golden C’Thun, the buff animation will now feature a golden C’Thun. No more having to wait for turn 10 to prove you aren’t above spending 3 200 dust on a single card.
The other improvements include:
- For iOS – Hearthstone will no longer crash when the device is in a certain orientation when the game is launched.
- For Android – Taking Fatigue damage after running out of cards will no longer result in a crash on Samsung Galaxy S7 devices using Snapdragon CPUs.
- General mobile – Fixed an issue that could prevent interaction with Heroes and Hero Powers on mobile devices.
- General mobile – You should no longer crash when clicking on the Social button to bring up the friends list on phones.
- Fixed some audio, graphical, and UI issues.
As an aside to this, please let’s not all start playing Shaman decks, please. Pretty please?