Agile Africa, a two-day conference focused on bringing African software developers together, returns this August in Johannesburg.
Hosted by the Joburg Centre for Software Engineering (JCSE), attendees can look forward to talks, interactive spaces and workshops – all in the name of uncovering better ways of working and developing software.
Keynote speakers this year are Henrik Kniberg, Neal Ford and Sandy Mamoli. The three of them have worked with prestigious companies such as Spotify, ThoughtWorks, Nomad8 and more. We have our eye on Mr. Kniberg especially because he’s worked with LEGO in the past and, if you’ve been on our site for any length of time, you’ll know we’re massive fans of the little plastic bricks.
Check out the details and make sure you’re there. It looks to be a prime place to do all that networking everyone is always speaking about.
Agile Africa 2016 details:
- Date: August 22nd – August 23rd 2016
- Time: 08:30 – 16:00 day one | 08:30 – 16:30 day two
- Place: The Wanderers Club | 21 North Street & Rudd Drive, Illovo, Johannesburg, 4126 | View in Google Maps
- R3 800 | Early Bird Ticket | Sales close July 31st
- R4 400 | Regular Ticket | Sales start August 1st
- R3 700 | Group Ticket, 5 or more | Sales end August 21st
- R3 300 | Super Group Ticket, 10 or more | Sales end August 21st
- Buy tickets from Quicket
- See the full speakers list
- View the full schedule
The conference will be split into three categories: talks, the Indaba Tree, and workshops. During the ‘talks’ section, “international and local speakers will challenge us with the latest ideas in the Agile world, as well as cover crucial fundamentals that we seem to have neglected,” the conference explains.
For the Indaba Tree, this will give you the opportunity to mingle with speakers and other delegates – you know, just to pick their brains. The various workshops will this year take place on the saem day as the main conference, and not on a separate day like last year. This will give you the opportunity to learn from the best so that you can get a deeper grasp on ideas and practice in applying them.