MyMiniFactory – a curated platform for posting 3D printable designs – is hosting a Pokémon GO design competition, and it’s already created a host of great stuff you could be printing.
We recently featured MyMiniFactory and a Pokémon GO hosted on the site in the form of a phone case that makes catching Pokémon easier.
The closing date for contest submissions is August 26th with voting taking place in September. The winner walks away with a Nintendo 3DS XL Pokémon Bundle and, we assume, a lot of street cred in Pokémon design circles; if such a thing exists, that is.
If you want to take part check out the full contest details here; in the meantime, let’s look at some cool creations which already exist:
- Kanto Region Pokédex Case for iPhone 6 and 6s
- Master Ball with magnetic clasp
- Full set of Kanto gym badges
- Team Valor emblem
- Team Instinct emblem
- Team Mystic Emblem
This is just a tiny selection of the great designs available, so we suggest you take a few minutes to look through the submissions for yourself.
If you need more Pokémon, check out the stories below:
- Pokémon-locator PokéVision could be gone for good
- In Pictures: Hundreds of Pokémon GO hunters hit Montecasino
- The original singer of the Pokémon theme song, Jason Paige, returns to sing it again after almost 20 years
- Pokémon GO’s launch in South Africa imminent?
- Ensure your catches in Pokémon Go with this 3D printed aimer