DOOM is one of our favourite games of this year and, while we’ve clocked it numerous times, we have to say we miss playing from time to time.
Luckily there’s this 3D print of the game’s heavy assault rifle to keep us satiated.
This brilliant recreation comes to us from Daniel Lilygreen. He’s the bloke who also created a full size X-01 power armour helmet from Fallout 4. Needless to say, this man is very talented and creates some superb designs.
But looking at this design alone, Lilygreen mentions that it’s about 70 centimetres long and comprised of 83 individual parts. The final, printed version took him three weeks on intermittent printing.
We strongly suggest you check out the gallery above to see some of the designs that were drawn up for this project. We especially love the first image which shows off 2D drawings and isometrics views of the prop.
While we will eventually have stories on more (if not all) of Lilygreen’s work, you can check out his MyMiniFactory account or Facebook page to see more designs. There are more designs from DOOM as well as other games such as Fallout 4 and Wolfenstein.
More, free 3D printable designs from MyMiniFactory
- A 3D printed version of Batman’s grenade launcher from Batman v Superman
- Never print business cards again: use this 3D print to emboss them instead
- Be a champ and just 3D print yourself a 2016 Olympics Rio medal
- McCree from Overwatch gets a fan-made 3D printed revolver
- Make a Defender of the Universe with this 3D printed Voltron