While the Pokémon GO craze may be dying (even though it’s not even released in South Africa yet [!]), it doesn’t mean that we can’t still geek out over the Pokémon franchise as a whole.
And that’s what we’re doing today as we focus on one specific Pokémon, Dugtrio, and one unique 3D print modeled after it.
While static models of these characters and their various adaptations are plentiful, this design takes a very strange approach. While it looks like the entire design is just Dugtrio in a plant pot, it’s far more than that.
The pot is actually filled with water, and Dugtrio itself is a separate, free-floating print. It thus sits in the water and bobs up and down when you touch it.
It’s a nice alternative to bobbleheads, which usually require springs to move and don’t work out too well when 3D-printed.
If you’re interested, you can download this design for free from MyMiniFactory.
More, free 3D printable designs:
- A 3D-printed version of Batman’s grenade launcher from Batman v Superman
- Be a Sith apprentice with Asajj Ventress’ 3D-printed lightsaber
- 3D-print your own Dobby the House Elf from Harry Potter
- Fight hell with this 3D-printed heavy assault rifle from DOOM
- Make a Defender of the Universe with this 3D-printed Voltron