While chess is a timeless game that doesn’t really need an update, there’s always room for custom creations.
Enter this creation that has been uploaded to Thingiverse for anyone to download. The conceit of this design is that each square on the grid is modular and can be arranged anyway you want.
While you’ll probably going to go in an alternating pattern to make a usable board, you can make it any size you want.
The pieces too are special and the designer has used designs inspired by the Black Marker in Dead Space.
The inspiration for this customisable board is another puzzle-like design. This creation improves upon it by hiding the connections under each square.
Finally, if you want to take your games with you, there is a separate box designed to fit all the pieces.
More, free 3D printable designs:
- Get your own Doomguy collectible figurine by 3D printing it
- Check out this 3D printed Levin Sword from Fire Emblem/Super Smash Bros.
- A 3D printed handbag that looks like a giant binder clip
- Micro-Sketch is a 3D printed toy that works like an Etch A Sketch
- Protect the infamously flimsy Apple Lightning cables with this 3D printed brace