The boxer engine, a type of flat engine that is most commonly known for powering Porsches, has been turned into a 3D print.
Whether it’s going to be used as a teaching tool, piece of art or a test for your new 3D printer, this is a design that will need a lot of work to be completed. Ouchterlony states in the description that you’ll need a pair of ball bearings, head cap screws, and a timing belt to complete it.
Now we wait for someone to recreate this engine using only 3D printed parts. The next logical step is a proper engine that can burn fuel and propel a 3D printed car. Send us pictures if you try that out.
More, free 3D printable designs:
- Be a BAMF with a 3D printed belt buckle modelled after McCree’s from Overwatch
- Hanzo’s bow from Overwatch as a 3D print as tall as a person
- Make yourself a piece of history with this 3D printed Roman gladius sword
- Make your own custom chessboard with this 3D printed kit
- Protect the infamously flimsy Apple Lightning cables with this 3D printed brace