If you want a functional BB-8 from Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens, Sphero and Hasbro already make one you can buy right now (that is, if you happen to have nearly R3K lying around). (UPDATE: Well, nearly R2K at any rate).
Alternatively, many tutorials exist if you’re prepared to get your hands dirty and build one yourself. But that’s all very complex and time consuming. What if you just want a small BB-8 toy to put on your desk and admire time to time?
If this is the case, a user on Pinshape has answered your prayers as they’ve created a 3D printable version you can download for free.
The small droid requires no paint or finishing (aside from some touches of black) as the provided files are separated into parts which need to be printed in white and orange. Print them and put them together and you’ve found the droid you’ve been looking for.
More, free 3D printable designs:
- Mercy’s Caduceus Blaster from Overwatch gets a fan-made 3D print
- Become the Batman wth this 3D printed cowl from Batman V Superman
- Don’t buy a Nerf gun, 3D print one instead
- You don’t need a Porsche to have a boxer engine, just 3D print one
- Be a BAMF with a 3D printed belt buckle modelled after McCree’s from Overwatch