There are a lot of factors that make the Half-Life series iconic, and one of them is the humble crowbar you can use to bludgeon your way through the game.
Now, thanks to an intrepid maker named Michal Fanta (no relation to the drink, we assume), we can easily 3D print one anytime we want.
The design is up on MyMiniFactory and is free to download. From the pictures and the description it looks like this is a five-part print that requires a threaded metal bar down the middle to give it some rigidity. It won’t be as strong as a real crowbar, so please don’t try to open any crates or fight inter-dimensional baddies with this print.
One last clever little touch is the fact that the download comes with the design for two different end pieces. You can see them both below.
Finally, “crowbar” is definitely one of those words that falls victim to “semantic satiation” – that weird feeling when a word loses meaning after being repeated over and over again. Crowbar. Crowbar. Croooowbaaar.
More 3D printable designs:
- Keep your Magic: The Gathering cards in this 3D printed ‘butterfly case’
- Mega Charizard is both a dragon type, and a 3D print
- The Warlock from Destiny gets a fan-made 3D printed helmet
- The exhaustive list of 3D printable Overwatch props
- The crown from Game of Thrones recreated as a 3D print