Everyone loves lightsabers. Come on: the concept of a sword which is also a frickin laser is awesome, which may explain why there are so many variants in the Star Wars universe.
One of the most interesting, however, is the Grand Inquisitor’s lightsaber from Star Wars Rebels and now you can 3D print one.
If you’ve never watched Rebels, this lightsaber takes some explaining. At first it appears to be a simple lightsaber with a hand guard, but the hand guard flips around to the side and a blade comes out from each side. It’s something you need to see in video, but be wary of spoilers for the first season of the show.
Maker Brad Harris has recreated the weapon and made the files free to download off of MyMiniFactory. The 3D print even has an assembly so the gaurd swings over to the other side, but lacks the ability to rotate. We’re sure Someone can figure out a way to make it do that, though.
More 3D printable designs:
- Forget the One Ring, here’s a 3D print of Aragorn’s sword Andúril
- Turn a mop into a warhammer from Skyrim with some 3D prints
- A 3D print of the Arkham Knight’s helmet
- Decorate your Christmas tree with 3D printed Fallout ornaments
- Arduino powered and 3D printed lighthouse to guide you home