We’re hours away from seeing a reality TV star become inaugurated as the president of the United States of America.
Whether you love him or despise him, there is no escaping the fact that for the next four years Donald Trump will be president.
In an attempt to lighten the mood somewhat we’ve decided to create a playlist for you that pits outgoing President Barack Obama against president elect, Donald Trump.
What we’ve done is created a playlist of the artists that will be performing at Trump’s inaugural ceremony and a playlist containing the artists that performed at the We Are One concert held in conjunction with Barack Obama’s inaugural ceremony in 2009.
Let the battle, begin!
- US Army Band – Fanfare for the Common Man
- Bruce Springsteen and the Joyce Garrett Singers – The Rising
- Mary J Blige – Lean on Me
- Bettye LaVette and Jon Bon Jovi – A Change is Gonna Come
- James Taylor, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, Arnold McCuller, and Caroline Taylor – Shower the People
- John Mellencamp and Baptist Choir – Pink Houses
- Josh Groban, Heather Headley and the Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington DC – My Country, ‘Tis of Thee
- Herbie Hancock, will.i.am and Sheryl Crow – One Love
- Renée Fleming and the U.S Naval Academy Glee Club – You’ll Never Walk Alone
- Garth Brooks – American Pie
- Usher, Stevie Wonder, and Shakira – Higher Ground
- U2 – Pride
- Pete Seeger, Bruce Springsteen, and Tao Rodríguez-Seeger – This Land Is Your Land
- Beyoncé – America the Beautiful
- Jackie Evancho
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- The Rockettes
- 3 Doors Down
- Toby Keith
- Lee Greenwood
- The Piano Guys
- DJ Ravidrums
- Big & Rich
- Talladega College Tornado Marching Band
- The Frontmen of Country
We know which concert we would have rather attended and it rhymes with Smee Bar Some. Which concert would you rather attend? Let us know in the comments below or fling us a tweet.
Sadly YouTubers Epic Rap Battles of History will not be making an appearance at the ceremony. That might have something to do with a video they made which saw Hillary Clinton face off against the president elect. Warning, the video below contains some, shall we say, offensive language.[Image – CC 2.0 By Gage Skidmore]