Retired maker Greg Zumwalt has, in his own words, a strange hobby: creating wind-up and kinetic toys that can be 3D printed.
All you need to make your own is the free files from MyMiniFactory. While you could leave it as is, the plastic wheels would have no traction on the ground. This is easily solved by stretching some rubber O-rings over the wheels.
Follow the instructions on the MyMiniFactory page, and you wind up with this:
- The sword from ThunderCats, 3D printed as a fridge magnet
- You can 3D print this creepily realistic Isaac from The Binding of Isaac
- The adorable enemies from Enter the Gungeon, now as 3D prints
- Boldly make: 3D print this USS Enterprise variant from Star Trek
- Need a robot sidekick? 3D Print Clank from Ratchet & Clank