The Alien movie franchise is filled with a lot of retro-futuristic weapons and tech, which are a lot of fun to try and recreate using modern day technology.
Filling that niche is this 3D print of the flamethrower (stylised as Flame Thrower, if the Alien vs. Predator wiki is to be believed) as seen in the first movie.
The life-sized print was uploaded to Pinshape where you can also download the files to make your own for free. Luckily the rather lacking colour palette of the weapon means you won’t have to do a lot of painting once its printed to make it looked like it popped right out of Alien.
If you do print one, however, remember to read the two PDFs which are included in the download of the file. The intro and building instructions will help you get going.
- Train with Master Roshi in this 3D print of Kame House from Dragon Ball Z, island not included
- Batman’s grapple gun from Batman v Superman is now a 3D print
- Are you worthy enough to 3D print Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir?
- These telescopic Wolverine claws are ingenious 3D prints
- You can 3D print the Space Battleship Yamato from Star Blazers