The list of 17 candidates nominated to be part of the interim SABC board has been whittled down to five suggested final individuals.
Today the Portfolio Committee on Communications finalised a list of the five candidates to be considered to serve for a period of up to six months.
The names were finalised after the National Assembly adopted the report by the Ad Hoc Committee on the SABC Board Inquiry which, among other things, recommended that the SABC Board be officially dissolved.
The recommended names are:
- Krish Naidoo – Former board member who quit during the inquiry
- Febe Potgieter-Gqubule – Former SA ambassador
- Khanyisile Kweyama – Businesswoman
- Mathata Tsedu – Journalist
- John Matisonn – Journalist
“We are facing a tough job together with the interim board to ensure full implementation of all the recommendations,” said Mr Humphrey Maxegwana, committee Chairperson.
The names will be tabled in the National Assembly in the form of a report for final adoption.