If you’ve always believed that Xbox achievements or PlayStation trophies are meaningless electronic pats on the back, what would you say to a physical trophy?
Thanks to some skilled people on the internet, you can download and 3D print every kind of trophy, including the odd platinum one.
While those designs have been around for a while as smaller creations, one maker has taken the time to make a more realistic version at a large scale. Printed with gold-coloured filament and finished with sanding and gold paint, it really looks like a proper metal trophy.
The plastic was mounted on a pre-made wooden base going for $29 (~R391) and if you want to do the same you’ll need the free files from Thingiverse first.
- 3D Print the Deku Mask from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, in your own time
- Google Gnome is real thanks to this 3D print
- Here are the files to 3D print every version of the USS Enterprise from Star Trek
- You don’t need to steal this 3D print of Sly Cooper’s cane because it’s free to download
- Set your sights on Widowmaker’s 3D printed visor from Overwatch