PC players finally get to play Destiny 2 in the form of the beta this August as revealed in the “This Week At Bungie” blog post.
Those who have preordered the game get in on the 28th, the beta opens up to everyone on the 29th, and it will be gone by the 31st.
To go along with this news we have the systems specifications needed to run the beta. Keep that in mind, as these are for the beta and not the full game coming out on 24th October.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD Ryzen R5 1600X
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 390
- RAM: 8GB
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3250 | AMD FX-4350
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB | AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- RAM: 6GB
On top of these two lists Bungie also provides advice on buying some current parts which they claims “runs the game well”. Peritent information if you’re looking to build or upgrade a PC in preparation for the game. They also include the specs of the PC they use to run the game at events.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- CPU: Intel Pentium G4560
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
Bungie’s Event Machine
- CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB
If you need an early taste of the Destiyn 2 beta, make sure you check out our impressions of it when it was running on console.