MTN in partnership with Kagiso Media and IT Web Brainstorm, held its second annual MTN Women in ICT Partnership for Change Awards at a glittering gala event last night.
The awards celebrate and reward women professionals who have made a significant contribution towards the growth and development of the sector.
CEO of MTN, Godfrey Motsa and Kagiso Media CEO, Mark Harris, were both present at the event, along with industry heavyweights and players, as well as representatives from the Department of Communications.
Highlight awards of the evening, include the Lifetime Achiever Award, which went to DR HF Swanepoel and the Community Builder Recognition Award, which went to Martine Schaffer.
The other winners are:
- SME Recognition Award – Matau Ramapuputla
- Leadership Recognition Award – Carol Thomas
- MTN CEO’s Award – Fatima Mayet
- Excellence in ICT Journalism – Paula Gilbert and Simnikiwe Mzekandaba
- Innovator Recognition Award – Rene Pearson
- Minister of Communications Award – Charmaine Houvet
Harris congratulated all the winners for their contributions to the sector and for paving the way for young women to pursue careers without fear or discrimination.