It’s been a mixed week leading up to this africast, so let’s get into what happened.
We start with a double movie feature with the latest LEGO and Kingsman movies having recently been released. As a bit of spoiler, both of them are disappointing but only one is truly terrible.
Next it’s time to talk about Coinhive, which is a web0based cryptocurrency miner that works by using the CPU power of a visitor to a web page. Some sites are considering using it to replace ads, but a lack of disclosure and its use by rogue parties may have killed this good idea before it had some time in the sun.
Sit back and relax and lets talk movies and virtual currency.
Stories discussed in this edition of the htxt.africast
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie review
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle review
- Cryptocurrency mining script spotted on local tech site
- Cryptocurrency miner not placed intentionally – Memeburn
- How much money can Pirate Bay make from a cryptocoin miner?