Nine contestants from across the country have been selected to take part in the first MTN Megastars online talent discovery contest.
MTN Megastars will crown one superstar with a lifetime opportunity of signing a recording deal with Temple Records, and working with sought-after US based producer Mike Will.
Battling for the grand prize are:
- Nomvula Nkosi and Wiseman Madonsela “Dollar” both from Gauteng
- Sethula “2Step” Shezi and Samkelisiwe Madladla both from Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Refentse Ramakarane from Free State
- Nolitha Dlabongo and Keenan Henkleman from Western Cape
- Mahlodi Mabina from Limpopo and Kabelo Siza from Eastern Cape
“MTN congratulates the contestants that have made it into the second phase of the competition. So far, MTN Megastars have showcased the most outstanding talent. We are proud of the role we are playing in brightening up our customer’s lives and turning the dreams into reality,” said Jacqui O’Sullivan, Executive for Corporate Affairs at MTN SA.
The judges’ panel comprises of entertainment household names, DJ and businessman Tbo Touch, actress Ntando Duma, artists KO, Kwesta and Moozlie.
The public can start vote for their favourite contestant via SMS by texting MTN Megastar followed by the name of the contestant to 40636 at a cost of R1 per SMS.
Watch the show on MTN Play.