EA changes gears on player progression in Need for Speed Payback
After barely surviving the last week EA has once again taken to Reddit to explain how it will be helping players progress through one of its games.
This time the game in question is Need for Speed Payback – a game our own Nick Cowen described as “this year’s most unessential racer.”
Perhaps the changes that are being sent down the line might inspire Nick to revisit the game.
EA representative F8RGE took to Reddit to outline some of the changes.
“We’ve been using Community feedback, along with our own in-game data and have come up with a number of changes, many of which are in the process of going live. Our aim with these changes is to make the progression, especially around the ownership of cars a much more enjoyable experience,” said the representative.
Players can expect the following changes in the game:
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
According to EA this is just the first phase of tweaks with more on the way. Players can expect changes to the way tune-up shops work and the quality/level of parts they stock to be changed in a future update.
It’s not the removal of lootboxes and microtransactions that Star Wars Battlefront 2 was blessed with at launch but perhaps this is a sign that publishers are listening to the audience and making changes where needed.