Not every young person has the opportunity to go to a university to further their education after passing matric. This can be due to various reasons including finances. Fortunately, the internet is full of courses one can explore at absolutely no cost.
Free online courses, or Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) as they’re sometimes known, offer anything from basic beginners’ courses to qualifications you can actually use to get a start in your desired field.
Here’s a round-up of a few courses you can have a look at which are offered locally.
University of Cape Town MOOCs
- Medicine and the Arts: Humanising Healthcare
- Climate Change Mitigation in Developing Countries
- Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics
Wits University MOOCs
- Research Methods: An Engineering Approach
- Introduction to Stewart’s Model of Physiological Acid-Base Chemistry
- System Dynamics for Health Sciences
- Business and Management
- Creative Arts and Media
- Healthy and Pscyhology
- Language and Cultures
- Nature and Environment
- Politics and the Modern World
- Science, Engineering and Maths
- Tech and Coding
[Image – CC 0 Public Domain]