TEDxJohannesburgSalon takes place on March 1st at Tshimologong Digital Precinct in Braamfontein and tickets are still available.
If you haven’t booked your seat, we strongly urge you to head over to the event’s official site and do so.
This year’s theme is Hacking the Farm and talks will focus on the changes the agriculture industry is currently experiencing – and will likely experience in the future.
Given newly-elected president Cyril Ramaphosa’s SONA last week in which he mentioned that both land redistribution and agriculture are to be a focal point for government attention going forward, this year’s TEDxJohannesburgSalon is more vital than ever.
To that end a list of impressive speakers from both around the world and locally has been booked. Each speaker comes from a range of farmers, technologists, economists, agronomists, entrepreneurs, researchers, inventors, designers, and activists.
The speakers set to hold court at this year’s event are as follows:
- Gertjan Meeuws: Horticultural Engineer, Entrepreneur (The Netherlands)
- Ed Mabaya: Scholar, Development Practitioner (Zimbabwe, USA)
- Frank Wernecke: Drone Master, Incubator, Entrepreneur (Germany)
- Emma Naluyima: Veterinarian, Smallholder Farmer (Uganda)
- Mojisola Ojebode – Biochemist, Entrepreneur (Nigeria)
South African speakers:
- Tracy Ledger: Author, Activist, Food Systems Researcher
- Thabi Nkosi: Agricultural Economist
- Brian Dick: Cheese Connoisseur, Slow Food Advocate
- Thato Moagi: Agripreneur, Nuffield International Scholar 2017/18
- Michris Janse Van Rensburg – Farmer, Inventor
“Each speaker will take the farm apart, and put it back together again,” says TEDXJohannesburgSalon organiser, Kelo Kubu.