Remember a short while ago when there was an apparent leak going around showing off what was supposed to be the Nintendo Switch OS update 5.0?
It showed off most changes people have been asking for since the console’s launch more than a a year ago, including folders, streaming apps and cloud storage.
Well it was of course confirmed to be a fake after the creator of the sham video revealed it as so, but now we have the real 5.0 update and it’s a crushing disappointment.
There’s none of the new functionality from the leak, and there’s nothing at all to get excited over.
We’ve got the full list of changes down below. If you want more information about the changes, and how to implement them, the Nintendo support page for the update has you covered.
With changes these small we’re not entirely sure why this is a new, full version. With tiny social changes like this we can only hope 6.0 comes soon with actual features.
Improvements Included in Version 5.0.0
- Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
- Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
- Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
- To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
- Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
- Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
- Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
- Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu