Welcome back to something of an anaemic africast as we only have two hosts this week instead of the usual three.
We start of with the newest movies in Pacific Rim: Uprising which somehow manages to bodge the simple concept of “giant robot punches giant monster”.
Next up is Ready Player One which was something of a Marmite topic when it was still a book. As a film it’s slightly more paltable, but it still has its problems.
We do touch on the new Tomb Raider movie, but only to comment on how bland it is.
Finally we talk about Uber and self-driving cars in general following a fatal crash last last.
Mentioned in this htxt.africast
- Pacific Rim: Uprising review – Jaegerbomb
- Ready Player One review: A true spectacle
- Footage of autonomous Uber vehicle hitting pedestrian sparks outrage
- Uber’s autonomous vehicle testing in Arizona suspended by governor
- Uber suspends self-driving vehicle tests after fatal crash
- Nvidia halts autonomous vehicle tests on the back of Uber crash
- BONUS: Ars Technica’s piece about how dark the road was on the night of the Uber collision