We have a vacancy for a mid- level journalist who loves to write about, and is very knowledgeable about technology.
You will be required to research and write stories for both our consumer and SME readers.
You’ll also need to report to the editor to coordinate assignments, and will be required to reach daily targets, and report effectively on breaking news, features and original blog posts for both online and print.
It’s required that you interact with various stakeholders regarding news, launches, interviews, and any other technology based issues, both face-to-face and on social media platforms.
Any experience with other content creation such as video will give you an advantage.
If you think you have what it takes, email your CV and portfolio (or a list of links to your work) to Dorothy Haggard – [email protected]
- Diploma/degree in journalism
- Can do attitude
- Work well in a team
- At least one year experience in a newsroom
- Exceptionally high standard of written and spoken English
- Must have own, reliable vehicle and valid driver’s licence
- Must preferably live in the Joburg’s northern suburbs
Other must haves
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Presentable and tech savvy
- Social media savvy
- Online orientated
- Must be able to work alone, without supervision and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- Must have your own network of contact and a good track record in the technology space
- Must represent Htxt.Media in a positive light at all times
- Remuneration: Basic salary
- Location: Johannesburg
- Job level: Mid to Senior
- Own transport required: Yes
- Travel requirement: Occasional
- Type: Permanent
- Company: Htxt.Media