At the end of July machine to machine app developers and innovators will descend on the Kyalami Race Track for the MTN Business IoT Conference.
The conference will also host the Mind2Machine Awards which MTN describes as the “Oscars of the IoT industry”.
Whether comparisons to the 89 year old Academy Awards are fair is a discussion for another time but, if you are a developer or innovator in the machine to machine space, the awards are a good way to get recognised.
Beyond the recognition you can also win prizes including a trip to Silicon Valley worth R200 000.
The judges are looking for solutions which match the following criteria:
- The Best Commercial IoT Solution: An existing solution that is already available in the market and has proven to be commercially viable;
- The Most Disruptive IoT Solution: An existing solution that brings rapid disruption or change in its environment, or one which has the potential to revolutionise industries;
- Best Enterprise Development Solution: The best solution developed by an enterprise development beneficiary or developer that has gone through an incubation programme;
- Innovative Hardware in IoT: An IoT hardware solution that originates from an established business or organisation;
- Best Industry 4.0 solution: Industry 4.0 solutions help to better gather and analyse data and transform it into actionable, real-time, insightful information. This supports the connection of global operations to the enterprise and extended business systems, allowing for better collaboration, faster problem-solving and improved innovation.
Last year’s Mind2Machine winner, IoT Nxt, went on to secure some $7.7 million in funding and recently opened an office in London.
Entries for the awards are open until 12th July and you can submit your solution for consideration on the Mind2Machine website.
The Mind2Machine Awards and MTN Business IoT Conference will be happening on 31st July.