A new week means a new africast with two very different subjects.
First up is the Southern Africa Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference, or SATNAC for short. Our own Brendyn Lotz was at the event in Cape Town this last week and ultimately the conference left him hopeful about the future of the country. Make sure to read the variety of reports he filed from it down below.
For something less serious I’m covering LEGO Ideas and the fact that we may be getting a SpaceX set in the future. “May” being the operative word here as the two sets up for review will need to clear many hurdles before they arrive in stores, and I don’t think they’ll make it. If you have the money, you can buy a Voltron set right now, so that’s some good news.
Mentioned in this africast:
- Summing up SATNAC – The bright future of Africa is inches away
- South Africa’s unique challenges should guide its progress through ongoing tech revolution
- Rip it up and start again – how communications providers will need to adapt when 5G arrives
- What does it take to be a digital master in 2018 and the future?
- We may be seeing official SpaceX LEGO sets in the future
- Form your own Voltron with the official LEGO set