Samsung Pay launched in the country a few months ago, with those who owned a Samsung Galaxy smartphone able to facilitate payments via the platform.
Now that functionality has been extended to another range of Samsung devices, namely their wearables.
“The Galaxy Watch, Gear S3 and Gear Sport were designed for connected lifestyles. They’re all born out of Samsung’s relentless pursuit of innovation that makes life better. With the addition of Samsung Pay customers can do so much more and do it effortlessly. It’s a quicker, simpler and safer way to pay,” notes Cambridge Mokanyane, chief marketing officer at Samsung South Africa.
To use the platform via your Samsung wearable, follow these instructions:
- On your Samsung smartphone, launch the Galaxy Wearable app
- Tap open Samsung Pay and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your card registration. This is a one-time process.
- To make a payment with your Samsung Watch, press and hold the Back key for around one second
- Scroll through the cards list, select a card and tap Pay
- Place your Samsung Watch close to the NFC card reader to make a payment
- All Samsung Pay compatible wearables will only support NFC (not MST as is available on the smartphone version).