Dell’s highly anticipated and award-winning notebook, the XPS 13 (9380) has landed on local shores and is available immediately to the South Africa channel from Drive Control Corporation (DCC). The XPS 13 was again awarded with a CES Innovation Award at this year’s CES Convention in Las Vegas, US which makes it Dell’s most award-winning product to date.
Available in a new frost anodised exterior colour together with rose gold and white, and black and silver versions, the notebook features a new top-mounted innovation webcam for an enhanced video experience. At just 2.25mm, it’s Dell’s smallest HD webcam ever.
The small form factor of the webcam means there is still enough space for the XPS 13’s InfinityEdge display which allows for a 13.3″ screen in an 11inch form factor with an 80.7 percent screen-to-body ratio. The notebook comes in three display options: non-touch 1080p; touch-enabled 1080p; and touch-enabled 4K.
“The new Dell XPS 13 reconfirms why it’s best-in-class. Resellers and customers alike will again be impressed by the notebooks fantastic features packaged in a striking form factor. The XPS 13 continues to deliver with each new version,” says Heinrich Pretorius, Dell EMC Consumer Product Specialist at DCC.
The XPS 13 is also Dell’s first notebook to support Dolby Vision that transforms the entertainment experience with ultra-vivid picture quality; it delivers incredible brightness, contrast and colour that bring entertainment to life with highlights that are 40 times brighter and black 10 times darker.
Weighing only 1.2kg, the XPS 13 is even more powerful with quad-core 8th Gen Intel Core processor options and Dell’s Power Manager which allows users to customise the notebook’s acoustics (fan speeds), temperature and performance based on their preferences between quiet, ultra-performance and cool modes.
Dell Power Manager also dynamically delivers the maximum power from the processors while monitoring and managing system temperatures.
Also, the XPS 13 is the first notebook built with GORE Thermal Insulation, which provides thermal conductivity levels lower than air in a thin, flexible format. While the Gore insulation directs heat out of the device, dual fans and heat pipes further lower the temperature if the XPS, enabling greater performance in a thinner form factor.
Additional Dell XPS 13 features include:
- Extended battery life – up to 21 hours with FHD display when using productivity applications like Word or Excel;
- Faster memory and more storage – system boots and resumes in seconds thanks to up to 1TB of SSD storage. Multi-task in a flash with up to 16GB of memory;
- Strength – The XPS 13 is cut from a single block of aluminium, carbon fibre, inspired by the aerospace industry, and a woven glass fibre palm rest that all allow for maximum strength and minimal weight. The Corning Gorilla Glass 4 is also twice as damage resistant compared to competitive products;
- Advanced docking – the notebook can be used with Dell docking solutions, featuring single-cable connections for power, Ethernet, audio and video. Add the optional Dell Thunderbolt Dock for faster data transfers and support for up to three Full HD displays or two 4K displays; and
- Advanced technology – the XPS 13 features a fingerprint reader integrated into the power button and voice activation which responds from up to 14 feet away thanks to four built-in mics, Microsoft Cortana and Waves-enabled speech technology.
The Dell XPs 13 is available in multiple processor, storage and display configurations from DCC.