The local arm of Nintendo has kicked off a sale on a range of Pokémon-related hardware and software, seemingly to coincide with the Detective Pikachu movie.
As such the two headliners here are a bundle of the game and a New 2DS XL, as well as an amiibo of the titular character.
That having been said, the best deal here is probably the Pikachu & Eevee Edition of the Nintendo Switch. This version – as we outlined in September last year – has unique colours for the Joy-Cons and special printing on the back of the console as well as the dock.
It’s still very expensive at R6 999, but it’s less than the regular price it usually goes for. If you’ve been holding off on this one, we can’t see it being cheaper than this in the near future.
The rest of the deals can be found below, and you can click around the sale splash page to see more.
Just keep in mind that these specials are only available on the local Nintendo online shop.
Also worth keeping in mind is that we’re not sure how long this sale is going to last. All the information we’ve received about the sale does not list any duration for these prices. We do see warnings of “while stocks last”, however.
- New Nintendo 2DS XL (orange and white) + Detective Pikachu game – R1 999. Reduced by R1 099.
- Detective Pikachu amiibo – R349. Reduced by R100.
- Pikachu & Eevee Edition Nintendo Switch. Let’s Go Eevee version – R6 999. Reduced by R1 000.
- Pikachu & Eevee Edition Nintendo Switch. Let’s Go Pikachu version – R6 999. Reduced by R1 000.
- Let’s Go Eevee Poké Ball Plus bundle – R1 299. Reduced by R500.
- Let’s Go Pikachu Poké Ball Plus bundle – R1 299. Reduced by R500.
- Poké Ball Plus – R899. Reduced by R300.