Another two-man show in this week’s africast as we touch on some rather, erm, touchy subjects.
The first of which is Unisa, which is months behind in supplying exam results to countless students who wrote during the May / June exam period.
Also worrisome is big tech companies and the vast control they have over most of what we see online and, maybe, finances. Thankfully there is some movement being made against them in terms of antitrust regulation, which we discuss.
Finally it’s time for shared working spaces which have become more popular as companies move away from the standard of “butts in seats from nine to five”. This is something we’re familiar with, especially as we’ll soon be checking out the WeWork space in Rosebank.
Oh, and to circle back, the song 2 Man Show by Timbaland and Elton John is a real banger.
Mentioned in this africast:
- All Unisa exam results for May / June should be out this week
- Unisa students may need to wait until the end of July for their May / June exam results
- Australia wants antitrust watchdog to monitor big tech companies
- FTC conducting another Facebook investigation for antitrust violations
- US Justice Department to conduct large-scale antitrust review of big tech companies
- WeWork opening first South African location in Johannesburg later this year