It’s a late week africast today, but we have a trio of stories to tackle with some solid recommendations of what to do this weekend.
First up is Apple and its recent bevy of announcements. There’s no subscription services for streaming and foe mobile gaming, as well as the usual expected new devices. Unfortunately it’s all a bit underwhelming and we’re not entirely sure what all the fuss is about.
Next up is one of those recommendations in arguably the best YouTube original show in Cobrai Kai. If you’ve not watched it yet the second season has been made free to watch with ads instead of requiring a YouTube Premium account. Despite its wild premise, it’s a great watch.
And ending on the same vein is The Spy where Sacha Baron Cohen trades his comedy for some real life drama in one of the best Netflix shows we’ve ever seen.
Mentioned in this africast:
- Apple places a trio of lenses on the back of the iPhone 11 Pro & Pro Max
- The 7th generation of iPad is a 10.2″ tablet for $329
- Apple Arcade coming to the App Store on 19th September for $4.99 a month
- Apple TV+ coming 1st November for the price of $4.99 a month
- Exit the Gungeon is a mobile spin-off of one of the best roguelikes ever
- Cobra Kai season two is now streaming for free
- The Spy is a heartbreaking tale of espionage, identity and loss