With Comic Con Africa set to start tomorrow there is some unfortunate news for attendees hoping to catch a glimpse of Anthony Mackie.
The Avengers star will no longer be attending the event announcing the news via a video earlier this morning.
Not the news we all wanted to hear. Unfortunately due to a production delay in Budapest Anthony Mackie will no longer be attending #ComicConAfrica. Captain America himself has a message for the fans. All pre-purchased photo ops and autograph sessions will be refunded shortly pic.twitter.com/h0j8CE85eh
— Comic Con Africa (@ComicConAfrica) September 20, 2019
This marks the second year in a row that Mackie will not be attending the event, having initially been confirmed.
The actor was set to appear at the inaugural event in 2018 but due to Hurricane Florence, he had to cancel his appearance.
This time however it appears as if Mackie is on set in Budapest and apparently cannot make it to South Africa because he “is stuck”. This follows news last week that Game of Thrones star Isaac Hempstead Wright would also no longer be appearing at Comic Con Africa due to clashes with the Emmy awards.
Truth be told, the number of cancellations we’ve had in the last two weeks for Comic Con Africa have left an incredibly sour taste in our mouths.
While we understand that there are instances where celebrities cannot attend events, this just feels like poor organisation on either the part of the organisers or the celebrities.
Comic Con Africa said that all pre-purchased photo ops and autograph sessions will be refunded shortly.