We know we know, this week’s africast is late, but we have a good reason: the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
One of the first folding devices to be released (even with its massive delay) will be heading to South Africa this month. We held off on the podcast as this news was announced late last night.
Will that may be the latest news, let’s look at some old news, or rather parts of the past popping up again. The Shamwow Guy and Charlie the Unicorn are both still going in 2019, and have popped up this week.
After talking about some devious overhearing with Siri, we get to the first big topic of the week, the Nintendo Switch Lite. We’ve had one for a couple of weeks now to review.
Next up is Microsoft’s 4Afrika initiative which is actually some good news is the hellscape that is the modern day news cycle.
Finally we get into spoiler territory Destiny 2’s Shadowkeep expansions. If you want to go into it blind, this is the last part of the podcast, so turn things off before then.
Mentioned in this africast:
- Samsung Galaxy Fold launching in SA on 18th October, pre-orders open now
- Vince Offer is still advertising the Shamwow in 2019
- After more than six years a new Charlie the Unicorn video has been released
- Apple says Siri recording will be opt-in with iOS 13.2 beta release
- Nintendo Switch Lite review: Exactly what it says on the tin
- Microsoft’s 4Afrika Initiative now in its seventh year and going strong
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep campaign review – Tying up loose ends