It’s another Friday edition of the africast that we’re bringing to you through the heat of South Africa as well as the load shedding.
In our quickfire stories this week load shedding is the first one we talk about as it hits us once again this year. Next up is the Motorola RAZR which is being remade and will be finally announced in November. Then Sword and Shield serves us up some giant Pokémon, which seem to be based on memes.
For the longer segments we start off with the Fitbit Versa 2 which we got our hands on recently that is a competent smart wearable, but falls down in missing GPS functionality as well as a lack of overall features that would convince a Versa 1 owner to upgrade.
With Cyberpunk 2077 still some time away, a photography contest has been created around it that has some incredibly enticing prizes. To get you going in your entry, we also discuss a Reddit community that has been around for more than a decade focusing on Cyberpunk photos.
Finally, Standard Bank has been advertising mobile data in an extremely confusing manner. We talk about the advert that they’ve had to pull because of it, and how it was even supposed to work in the first place.
Mentioned in this africast:
- Load shedding, again
- New Motorola RAZR foldable phone expected to debut on 13th November
- Pokémon fan artists rush to draw the new Gigantamax reveals
- Fitbit Versa 2 sees light of day alongside new Premium subscription service
- Cyberpunk 2077 hosting photography contest to capture real world cyberpunk
- Reddit community /r/Cyberpunk
- Standard Bank’s data and airtime scheme is really confusing